Maddie has been doing great at home. On Sunday afternoon on our way home, Maddie stopped with me to catch some of Chris's baseball game. I thought since she was sleeping when we got there perhaps Abbey or Ellie would sit with her in the car for a bit while I cheered Chris on. However, out of the car she insisted, wearing her hospital gown and robe, carrying drain bags in one hand and holding onto to siblings with the other. She sat through 3 innings in the shade, enjoying a reunion with her brothers & sisters, as well as Rob, Kathy, Emilia and Jack. Maddie has hardly touched her pain medicine so we think she is recovering just fine. She got outside today to sit and do some homework. Thursday is her next appointment to remove stents and crimp the nephrostomy tube. We are both glad to be home, sleep in our own beds again and tonight was the first dinner we have had at home together in over a week, very nice indeed.
Buddies!
Maddie is the one wearing the cake
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Doing fine
Maddie has been doing great at home. On Sunday afternoon on our way home, Maddie stopped with me to catch some of Chris's baseball game. I thought since she was sleeping when we got there perhaps Abbey or Ellie would sit with her in the car for a bit while I cheered Chris on. However, out of the car she insisted, wearing her hospital gown and robe, carrying drain bags in one hand and holding onto to siblings with the other. She sat through 3 innings in the shade, enjoying a reunion with her brothers & sisters, as well as Rob, Kathy, Emilia and Jack. Maddie has hardly touched her pain medicine so we think she is recovering just fine. She got outside today to sit and do some homework. Thursday is her next appointment to remove stents and crimp the nephrostomy tube. We are both glad to be home, sleep in our own beds again and tonight was the first dinner we have had at home together in over a week, very nice indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Maddie, you are a trooper! I am Mom to 3 kids who are 12, 8, and 4. We live in British Columbia, Canada. We call it the "wet" coast because it rains here allot.
It is great to hear that your surgery went well and that you got to go home. Sometimes my son needs to be in the hospital for his breathing. He gets bored but he likes it when they bring him popsicles after his medicine. Once they had an Xbox for him to play and he didn't want to come home.
I hope you continue your recovery. Best wishes to you and your family.
Looking great Maddie! Hope everything goes well tomorrow. If you make it over to Franklin Field be sure to give me a call (I work from 1-7). Tell your family hi for me! I will talk to you soon!!!!!!!
And remember, laughter is the best medicine, so I'm sure you will have no problems on the road to recovery :)
Post a Comment