Buddies!
Maddie is the one wearing the cake
Monday, April 16, 2007
Recovering...
Maddie seemed to perform well through her operation, according to her surgeon Dr. Canning. He was able to splice the ureters successfully, requiring about 20 tiny stitches on each side of the tiny tubes. Both ureters contain splints as well. In about ten days the splints come out, the drain port comes out and they will crimp the nephrostemy tube. About ten days after that Maddie will get creatin bloodwork and if it appears the kidneys are draining properly she will be able to “be gone” with the N-tube! Today she also got a superpubic tube, or a catheter for her bladder. This might be there awhile, yet we hope to lose it this summer. It seems, however, that we keep getting “prepped” to have this longer, perhaps real long. Maddie also had an epidural today, which probably helped a great deal not only with the pain, yet also with preventing nausea post op. She woke up almost immediately, and like usual, asked for something to drink right away. Unlike usual, however, she was not allowed (a good thing) because she usually dives into food and drink, only to end up vomiting it all back up after anesthesia. This time she seems to be doing much better, and as I write this, she sleeps. She has so many tubes coming out of her I have been calling her octopus girl, doc oc, and everything else to get a smile back, so far, so good. She has a 9 inch vertical scar from the operation in the middle of her belly. Maddie is much more independent this “go around”, asking the nurses for what she needs, yet not over demanding, and VERY polite so far. Maybe it’s the drugs…;) More later
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Hello Maddie, This is Jerry Ross. Do you remember meeting me this summer at FamilyLife? I sure couldn't forget you or your family. Your Dad told me about your blog and I think it is great!! I want you to know that I am praying for you and that I think you are incredible, quite the trooper!! I know you will do well. I loved reading about the fort that you guys have. I had one when I was 9 and LOVED it. -- Don't forget that you are an incredible young lady that serves the Glorious God of the universe and He has personally given you the BEST of families. He loves you and will take good care of you. If you want you can write back at jross@familylife.com. I'll be gone for a few days, but I will be back next Wednesday the 25th.
God Bless,
Jerry Ross
Hello Maddie,
From what I hear you're in good spirits - Arne and I do pray daily for your pain to be very little and that your healing will be so quick this time that you will be home before you know it. When I see you next perhaps you will be climbing up that big tree in your back yard! But don't do it before Mom and Dad O.K. it! You are precious in the Lord's sight and in ours also. Be good and take ALL your medicines. May God bestow all his goodness on you forever and ever.
Jeg elsker deg(I love you),
Bestemor and Arne
Dear Maddie,
This is Daniel's Mom, Mrs. Schirripa.....We've been thinking about you and your family. You're a strong girl and I just know you'll come through like a trooper. Can't wait to see you at church again real soon.We're praying for you.
We love you...
The Shirripa's
Hello Maddie,
This is Tony Canseco. I work with your dad at Duke Farms. I read about the good time you had with the Penn softball team. What a special treat you got. I glad you had a great birthday celebration with them. Hope to see you around soon. Take care.
Tony
Dear Maddie !!!!
WE LOVE YOU and have been praying that God takes really really good care of you so that you would not have too much pain from the operation and that you would heal fast and be up and about playing and having fun again. We are so glad to hear that everything went very well and that you are doing good considering all that you have been through..you certainly are a real toughie....wow....you are absolutely amazing !!!! We really admire your courage and bravery through everything you have had to endure.....God has placed in you such a warm and beautiful spirit ..you are a very precious gift to all of us and we thank God for you...May God continue to cradle you in HIS loving arms and give you peace and healing as you get better each day...We hope to see your beautiful smiling face again soon....We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers each day....We Love You Very Much, Uncle Rob, Aunt Madeline, Christine, Lisa, and Robbie !!! ohhh...wait a minute....Sal the Salamander, Chris Halloween Crabby and Herman and Helen Hermit crabs wish you well and say Hello !!!! : )
Dear Maddie,
You have always been a blessing to our family in all you do. You light up every room with your smile and your laugh is contagious. We love you very much and are hoping and praying that you recover very soon. Get well soon and show us your light! Love, Christine, Lisa and Robbie
Dear Maddie,
This is the Gonzalez gang. We love you very much and are glad to hear that you are recovering and are back in school. We love the pictures, especially the warped one! haha. :) We hope to see you very soon. Love, the Gonzalez family.
Well written article.
Post a Comment